Have you read “The Alchemist” by Paulo Coelho? It’s a sensational book that tells the story of a shepherd’s journey in search of a treasure. It’s filled with hundreds of insightful messages from various people the shepherd met on his journey.
Here are seven life lessons culled from the book:
1. “Everyone seems to have a clear idea of how other people should lead their lives, but none about his or her own.”
2. “People learn, early in their lives, what is their reason for being,” said the old man, with a certain bitterness. “Maybe that’s why they give up on it so early, too.”
3. “Remember that wherever your heart is, there you will find your treasure.”
4. “And, when you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.”
5. “There is only one way to learn. It’s through action.”
6, “The secret of happiness is to see all the marvels of the world, and never to forget the drops of oil on the spoon.”
7. “The secret to happiness is to live in the present moment and to make the best out of it.”
Which is your favorite? Tell us in the comments.